TRIAD & SALT Council
Lafayette Parish TRIAD (The Right Information And Direction) & S.A.L.T. Council (Seniors and Law Enforcement Together)
TRIAD is an agreement between law enforcement agencies and older or retired persons to work together to enhance the delivery of services in order to reduce victimization of elderly citizens. In order to strengthen the relationship between the elderly population of Lafayette Parish and local law enforcement agencies, former Sheriff Michael W. Neustrom helped to create the S.A.L.T. Council, through which the Lafayette Parish TRIAD functions. Members of the S.A.L.T. Council include representatives from law enforcement agencies, clergy, retired seniors, and others who are interested in the welfare of seniors.
The goals of the S.A.L.T. Council include:
- Assisting local law enforcement officials with planning for the future needs of the rapidly growing elderly population.
- Assisting with the development of programs designed to educate seniors about senior victimization.
- Improving the sensitivity of local law enforcement personnel in their interactions with elderly victims.
- Reducing elderly citizens' fear of crime.
- Assisting with the delivery of victim assistance to and by older persons.
- Expanding the roles of senior volunteers within law enforcement agencies.
For more information about S.A.L.T. and TRIAD, call (337) 232-9211.