Event Security Request
Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office (LPSO) – Office of Outside Employment (OOE)
Mon – Friday 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Phone: (337) 236 – 5657 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office (LPSO) allows Deputies to work security in an “off duty” capacity to provide public safety at various events within the Parish of Lafayette. All off duty security events are governed by LPSO’s General Orders and managed by LPSO’s Office of Outside Employment (OOE).
The following process will occur if interested in requesting off duty security to be performed by LPSO:
- Complete the form below with information pertaining to your event
- Your request will be reviewed by LPSO’s Office of Outside Employment
- If approved, the customer will be provided a service agreement per LPSO’s Legal Affairs Department guidelines
- Upon acceptance by the customer as indicated by signature, LPSO will attempt to locate a volunteer(s) to work and assign as necessary
- At completion of the event, LPSO will bill the customer for services rendered
- No financial compensation will be exchanged between the customer and deputy working the event
- Each deputy will be compensated by LPSO
The followings rates shall apply for off duty LPSO deputies:
- $46 per hour for each Sheriff’s Deputy who provides Services for Customer (2-hour minimum per assignment);
- $50 per 12-hour shift for each vehicle owned by Service Provider and which is used in connection with any Services provided by Service Provider to Customer; and
- $69 per hour for each Sheriff’s Deputy who provides Services for Customer (2-hour minimum per assignment) when the assignment falls on a Holiday (New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Mardi Gras, Good Friday, Easter, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.)
- Note that rates are subject to change at any time despite information displayed above
LPSO does not provide off duty security for the following events/jobs:
- Any employment that involves the sale, manufacture or transportation of alcoholic beverages as the principal business. Principal business is defined as any business that derives 51% or more of its revenue from the sale of alcohol unless the employee has the expressed permission of the Sheriff.
- A bad check or bill collector.
- A repossession agent or agency.
- A wrecker company, unless specifically authorized by the Sheriff or his designee.
- Any other employment in which law enforcement authority might be used to collect money or merchandise for private purposes.
- A bouncer.
- A courier of monies, jewels, bonds, securities, etc., or other things of value, except as additional security for such a person or business.
- A pawnshop.
- A sexually oriented business (i.e. establishments which, as a principal part of their business, deal in pornographic books, magazines, videos, sexual devices, or that otherwise provide entertainment or services of a sexual nature).
- Protection of management, employees, or property during a strike or labor dispute.
- For a business or labor organization that is on strike (i.e. “strike buster”).
- For any person or organization which advocates hatred, prejudice, or oppression of any racial, ethnic, gender or religious group, or which disseminates defamatory materials.
- By an employer known to engage in criminal activity.
- Any illegal gambling establishment.
- Any employment that threatens the status or dignity of law enforcement as a profession.
- Other locations may be denied upon review by LPSO for various reasons.
If you wish to hire a off-duty LPSO Deputy, please complete the below information with as much detail as possible.