LOUISIANA SHERIFFS’ SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
CRITERIA FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP REVIEW COMMITTEE
The Sheriff is free to use a committee of nonpartisan citizens selected by him, or he may want to work with parish school personnel to select this committee. Selection of the Review Committee is left entirely to the discretion of the Sheriff.
CRITERIA FOR THE SELECTION OF WINNER
There is no restriction on applicants by reason of race, creed, color, age or national origin. The only limitations are that the student lives in a parish in Louisiana; that the scholarship be utilized at an institution of higher learning within the state of Louisiana; and that the student plans to be enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate student.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of a parish in Louisiana.
- Scholarship award funds must be utilized in an institution of higher learning within the state of Louisiana.
- The student plans to be enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate student.
- Only the immediate family of the Sheriff is ineligible to apply. Families of Sheriff’s Office employees are eligible.
SUGGESTED GUIDELINES FOR THE SELECTION OF SCHOLARSHIP WINNER(S)
- Proper completion of all questions on the application.
- The applicant’s scholastic performance.
- The applicant’s activities, achievements and honors.
- The applicant’s reason for applying.
- The applicant’s sincerity of purpose in reaching his/her goal.
- Need for financial assistance.
Monday – Friday:
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM